Wynn Handman on Rehearsal
These are few acting notes for rehearsals from Wynn Handman. I thought they would be worth sharing.
- In rehearsals work on the essence of where the scene peels off for your character. The scene that gives the essence of the play is where you should be working on.
- Look at the culture and background from where your character comes from
- AN OUNCE OF BEHAVIOR IS WORTH A POUND OF WORDS. Rehearsal is for discovery.
- Always rehearse by doing it, it’s the only way you get any thing out of rehearsals. Really do it.
- Make it real for yourself and you’ll make it real for the audiences.
- Look at the culture and background from where your character comes from.