Your brain is a computer and your constant thoughts are the software that allow you to accomplish the goals and projects you dream of. Below are a few of the quotes from books that I have read, leaders that I have followed and a few quotes that have inspired me and given me direction and inspiration.
Live your life with PASSION and PURPOSE
1. You do under conditions of stress what you practice in training - Charles Poliquin
2. Focus on the task moving forward. It’s all the matters. - The Mental ABC’s of Pitching
3. Feeling emotional is common and ordinary but not allowing those thoughts to affect your focus on the task is EXTRAORDINARY.
4. Learn to focus on the next performance, irrespective of physical symptoms of fear. Detaching yourself from emotions.
5. Emotions feed your monster. THOUGHTS starve them!
6. Courage and conviction are required to change a negative habit, particularly if experience has taught you to make excuses. Don't make them!
7. Procrastination is the enemy of HUSTLE
8. All Behavior is Believe Driven
9. Anything worth having, is worth working for!
10. Know who you are, be who you are. Have the courage to be yourself
11. If you want to manage it, you have to be able to measure it.
12. To dwell on the things that depress or anger us does not help in overcoming them. One must knock the down alone - Einstein
13. Leaders are READERS.
14. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit. - Aristotle
15. Who has never learned to obey cannot be a good commander. -Aristotle
16. Leaders must be able to compartmentalize. How many major issues does the President have to deal with in one day? Compartmentalize.
17. Results do not indicate performance failure. Poor behavior and execution does.
18. Practice your positive thoughts because, THOUGHTS equal behavior which equals ACTION, which equal CHARACTER & DESTINY.
19. Focus on the present, and what is the next step you will take. What happened in the past is IRRELEVANT.
20. You aren’t a failure until you start to blame. - John Wooden.
21. Many great ideas have been lost because the people who had them could not stand being laughed at.
22. Two roads diverged in a wood, and I ... I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. -Robert Frost
23. You have to work hardest for the things you love most.
24. Think about what you want to do, not what might happen to you.
25. Emotions feed your monster. THOUGHTS starve them!
26. ACTION & HUSTLE defeats procrastination.
27. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might has well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default. -J.K. Rowling
28. The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. - Chinese Proverb
29. Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices.
Do the hardest thing on earth for YOU. Act for yourself. Face the truth. -Katherine Mansfield
30. Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them. -Bruce Lee
31. Real living is living for others. - Bruce Lee
32. Never waste energy on worries or negative thoughts, all problems are brought into existence, drop them. - Bruce Lee
33. A goal is not always meant to be reached. It often serves simply as something to aim at. -Bruce Lee
34. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream, discover!
35. When you play it too safe, you're taking the biggest risk of your life. Time is the only wealth we're given. -Barbara Sher
36. Everything you've ever wanted is on the other side of fear. -George Addair
37. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough: we must do. - Bruce Lee
38. Everyone has a 'risk muscle.' You keep it in shape by trying new things. If you don't, it atrophies. Make a point of using it at least once a day. -Roger Von Oech
39. Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the
second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it. -Oprah Winfrey
40. The person who risks nothing does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot lear, feel, change, grow, love and live. -Leo F.Buscaglia
41. Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs,
and that is the risk of doing nothing. -Denis Waitley
42. You can measure opportunity with the same yardstick that measures the risk involved. They go together. -Earl Nightingale
43. Do one thing every day that scares you. -Mary Schmich
44. I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. -Pablo Picasso
45. Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. -Steve Jobs
46. Rational and positive self talk helps behavior and action.
47. Rational thoughts trump all fears and worries. If not adequately addressed, performance anxiety can grow into a pervasive fear.
48. Learn the massive value of focusing on execution.
49. Feeling emotional is common and ordinary, but not allowing those thoughts to affect your focus on the task is EXTRAORDINARY.
50. The view you adopt for yourself profoundly affects the way you lead your life. It determine whether you become the person you want to be.
51. Judging yourself on execution is all that that should matter because that is what you do have control over.
52. It takes real character to keep working as hard or even harder once you’re there - John Wooden
53. Correction not excessive criticism should be the focus. Thoughtful and positive talk on the task is what ELITE performers have. -Michael Jordan
54. Build a positive self image by taking responsibility for your thoughts and actions, rather than trying to make excuses.
55.The best strategy for controlling excuses is to keep quiet and allow the deed to represent itself-for better or for worse.
56. He who says he can, and he who says he can’t are both right - Confucius